Beards have been around for centuries, and they’re not going anywhere anytime soon. They have experienced a resurgence in popularity in recent years. More and more men are embracing their facial hair and allowing it to grow into full, luscious beards.
Of course, beard growth is not as simple as just letting your facial hair do its thing. Growing a healthy, attractive beard takes time, patience, and proper care. One important part of beard care is using beard oil. But what does beard oil do? Keep reading to find out.
What Is Beard Oil?
Beard oil is a product used to moisturize and condition the hair on your face. It’s similar to the hair oil you might use on your head, but it’s specifically formulated for beards.
It’s made from a blend of natural oils, such as jojoba and argan oil, known for their hydrating properties. The carrier oil dilutes the essential oils and helps spread them evenly through your beard. These oils are lightweight and non-greasy, so they won’t weigh down your beard or make it look greasy. The skin quickly absorbs jojoba since it resembles the skin’s natural oils on the skin.
READ MORE: When Is The Best Time To Apply Beard Oil?
The Benefits Of Using Beard Oil
There are many benefits to using beard oil regularly.
- First, any man who has ever grown a beard knows that it requires quite a bit of upkeep. In addition to regular washing and trimming, a healthy beard must be properly moisturized. Otherwise, it can become Dry, brittle, and prone to breakage. Beard oil is an excellent way to keep your facial hair looking its best. The oil helps to soften and condition the hair, preventing split ends and making your beard less likely to break when you comb or brush it.
- Over time, the skin under your beard can become dry, itch, and flake. A lack of hydration often causes this. When your skin is adequately hydrated, it’s less likely to dry out, beard itch, or flake. Beard oil can help eliminate these problems by keeping the skin hydrated and preventing dryness. The oil creates a barrier on the skin that seals in moisture and prevents water from evaporating. This allows your skin to stay hydrated and healthy.
- Finally, As any bearded gentleman knows, a healthy beard requires regular care and attention. Though beards are low-maintenance compared to other grooming habits, they still need to be cleaned and conditioned to look their best. Beard oil is designed to moisturize the skin and hair, promoting healthy growth. In addition, it can give your beard a nice shine without looking greasy.
- When appropriately applied, beard oil can help to tame flyaway hairs and keep your beard looking neat and orderly. So if you’re looking for a way to improve the appearance of your beard, investing in some quality beard oil is an excellent place to start.
READ MORE: The Beginner’s Guide To Beard Oil
How To Use Beard Oil
Now that you know all about the benefits of using beard oil, you may be wondering how to use it. The first step is to decide which beard oil is right for you. There are many kinds on the market today, so take some time to read reviews and find one that contains the right mix of carrier and essential oils for your needs. Once you have decided on an oil, it’s time to start!
To Use The Oil:
- Start with a clean, dry face (you can wash your face either with a regular cleanser or a specific facial cleanser for bearded men)
- Scoop out a small amount of oil into the palm of your hand
- Rub your hands together to apply beard oil evenly between them
- Gently massage the oil you’ve created into your facial hair.
- Start at the base of your hair follicles and work outward.
- Comb through once applied if desired
- Reapply as needed throughout the day
READ MORE: Keeping Your Whiskers Moisturized With Beard Oil – The Ultimate Guide
What Do I Look For In Beard Oil?
The Right Balance Of Oils
Beard oils typically contain a mix of carrier oils and essential oils. Carrier oils are typically lighter, like jojoba oil or grapeseed oil, which help carry the essential oils into your beard. Essential oils are concentrated oils that provide the scent and benefits of beard oil. Good beard oil will have a carrier-to-essential ratio of 3:1 or 4:1. This ensures that your beard gets the nutrients it needs without overloading with essential oils, which can dry out your beard.
When choosing a beard oil, always look for products that use natural ingredients. Synthetic ingredients can harm your beard more than reasonably, leaving it dry and brittle. Choose an oil that contains only natural carriers and essential oils to ensure your beard stays healthy and strong.
A Scent That Suits You
One of the best things about beard oil is that it can help you achieve the perfect level of general awesomeness by giving you a subtle scent that lasts all day. When choosing a scent, go for something light and fresh, like citrus or mint. These scents will complement your natural scent without overpowering it. And unless you’re going for the Gandalf look, stay away from heavy, musky scents – they’re just too much.
No Added Colors
Most importantly, ensure that your beard oil doesn’t contain any added colors or synthetic fragrances. These ingredients can do more harm than good to your beard, drying it out and causing irritation. Choose an all-natural product to ensure your beard stays healthy and looks its best.
READ MORE: Is Beard Oil Good For Hair Growth?
If you’re thinking about growing out your beard hair, you need to start using beard oil. Beard oil is a product specifically formulated to moisturize and condition the hair on your face. It’s similar to the hair oil you might use on your head, but it’s specifically formulated for beards. There are many benefits to using beard oil, including softer and healthier hair, eliminating itchiness and flakiness, and a nice shine without looking greasy.
So if you’re ready to take your facial hair game to the next level, pick up some beard oil today!
READ MORE: How To Use Beard Oil On A Bald Head